Garden Trimmings into Mulch
Mulch provides a protective cover for soil. It helps to retain moisture in the soil below it and prevents soil erosion retention. It modifies soil temperature and also suppresses weeds.
How our mulch will benefit your garden:
- It suppresses the ability of weeds to germinate and prevents those that do from reaching the surface, giving a monopoly on nutrients from the soil to your plants.
- It protects the soil from direct sunlight and locks in moisture by slowing the evaporation of water from the soil.
- It stabilises soil temperatures, raising them a little, with only positive benefits.
- It protects feeder roots from excessive heat and possible dehydration.
- It helps soil organisms thrive, encouraging good bacteria, fungi, and worms.
- It reduces soil erosion caused by wind and water.
As you can probably see by now, we are serious about our mulch. It will come as no surprise then that we have industrial-strength mulching equipment.