Wollongong has its very own mulch crusader in Robert Mank Tree Care Service.
We can think of no better example of recycling than mulching—converting the prunings from our gardens into dinner and a show for the whole garden. What could be better than that?
Mulching is a win-win. Instead of having a truckload of green waste to take to the tip, it goes back onto the garden, like a lush carpet. And everyone benefits.
Mulch provides a protective cover for soil. It helps to retain moisture in the soil below it and prevents soil erosion retention. It modifies soil temperature and also suppresses weeds.
How our mulch will benefit your garden:
- It suppresses the ability of weeds to germinate and prevents those that do from reaching the surface, giving a monopoly on nutrients from the soil to your plants.
- It protects the soil from direct sunlight and locks in moisture by slowing the evaporation of water from the soil.
- It stabilises soil temperatures, raising them a little, with only positive benefits.
- It protects feeder roots from excessive heat and possible dehydration.
- It helps soil organisms thrive, encouraging good bacteria, fungi, and worms.
- It reduces soil erosion caused by wind and water.
As you can probably see by now, we are serious about our mulch. It will come as no surprise then that we have industrial-strength mulching equipment.
We make short work of the toughest loads
We mulch anywhere in the Wollongong area. Barely a day goes by without a good mulching. In fact, we often have more mulch than we know what to do with.
Mulch is Nature’s gift to encourage the growth of healthy, green spaces and we offer our excess mulch regularly to our local community and schools. Mulch by request is a gift to the Wollongong community from Robert Mank Tree Care Service.
Get in touch if you need your green waste mulched or if your garden is crying out for good mulch.